Write about Tacurong City and win a prize! The Tacurong City Feature Writing Contest
Good news writers, bloggers and everyone else interested! Write about the city of goodwill and who knows? You might just win a prize in the process!
For the first time, this year’s Talakudong Festival series of exciting events includes a Feature Writing Contest.
What should you write about Tacurong City?
Hint: If you’re a frequent visitor of this place, or read about tacurong in Tacurong City. net (www. tacurongcity.net) or the city’s official website, www.tacurong.gov.ph you will learn there’s plenty enough POSITIVE, to write about Tacurong- way of life, tourism, business and economy, recent milestones in governance, awards etc…
So what are you waiting for?
Here’s the Mechanics lifted verbatim from the Official Site of Talakudong Festival 2012.
- The contest is open to all interested individuals.
- The contestants must submit a 1000 to 1500-word creative nonfiction/feature story about Tacurong. Essays must be about but not limited to the city’s people, life, Talakudong Festival, tourism, business and economy, environment, etc.
- Essays must be submitted on or before September 21, 2012.
- Entries must be submitted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or in print to the Tri-Media Room, 2nd floor City Hall Building, Tacurong City. Subject of email must be Feature writing contest entry. Email should include participant’s full name, address, and cellphone number.
- The essay must be computer encoded in a short-sized (8.5’’ x 11’’) paper with the following specifications: Font size -12pt; Margins-1’’ all sides; Font style – Times New Roman; Spacing-1.5.
- Each participant must submit only one entry.
- All entries shall be the property of the City Government of Tacurong after the competition. The city government reserves the right edit/use all essays for publication.
- The decision of the Board of Judges is FINAL.
Winners will receive:
- 1st – P5,000.00 plus certificate
- 2nd – P3,000.00 plus certificate
- 3rd – P2,000.00 plus certificate
For more details please contact the Tri-Media Room at 064-384-2158 or text 09151784315.